- £27000 - £27000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Registered Nurse – Health and Safeguarding Manager
Circa £27,000 negotiable
I’m currently looking for a Registered Nurse to take up a post within learning disabilities services where you’ll be responsible for developing policies to ensure that the health and well-being being needs of all children and young peoples are being met. My client offer an excellent working environment, 35 days holiday (incl. Bank holidays), pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
As the Health and Safeguarding Manager your remit will be to…..
– To manage the healthcare needs of all children and young people within the services
– To liaise with and support a variety of internal and external staff to promote an integrated approach to meeting the children and young people’s needs. These will include psychiatrists, clinical psychologist, paediatrician’s, dieticians, GP’s and hospital staff
– To develop policies and protocols
– To manage and co-ordinate regular health care checks for all young people in care, all of whom have learning disabilities
– To ensure that all medical/health appointments feedback is given to parents or responsible individuals
You’ll also be the designated lead for as Safeguarding cases – experience in this is not necessarily essential as full training will be provided.
This role is unique and so experience in a similar post is not necessarily an essential requirement.
You may have worked as a Senior Nurse, School Nurse, Registered Manager, Clinical Lead, Head of Care, Healthcare Manager etc., ideally within a service that supports people with learning disabilities or challenging behaviour however we will consider applicants that have worked in elderly care.
– You will need to be a registered nurse (RGN) with current NMC pin number
– You’ll need to demonstrate a desire to work with Children and Young People
– You’ll be an excellent communicator who has management skills – whilst not directly line-managing a staff team, you will be working within a multi-professional team and will need to be able to direct and lead
– You’ll have experience of working with Children and Young People with Learning disabilities
– A good knowledge of Ofsted regulations and the Learning and Disability Act
Interested? To apply for this post please click Apply or send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment.
For more information please call on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us