- £16222 - £18797 per annum
- Job Type:
- North Wales
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
I’m currently recruiting for Qualified Residential Care Practitioners and Senior Care Practitioners for a children’s home in Wrexham. You’ll need experience in a similar role and you’ll need to have the Diploma or NVQ level 3 in Caring for Children and Young people and in return my client can offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which include health care plan, gym contribution, £30 for sleep-ins.
Working in a home for children and young people, as a Care Worker or Senior Care Worker you’ll be responsible for the development and well-being of those in your care. This will include;
- Management of day to day routines to provide a safe positive environment
- Participate in promoting an anti-discriminatory approach in all aspects of work
- Contribute in the planning of care for children and young people
- Act as Key Worker
- Health Promotion – ensure that the health of the individual is maintained including registering with GP, dentist, Optician, an attended any appointments with them
- Ensure that excellent record–keeping is maintained including the completion of all records whilst on duty
- Boundary setting and consistently challenge abusive language in Young People
- Provision of a Leisure / Activity programme
In addition the Senior Care Worker will be responsible for
- Day to day shift management
- Efficient and effective running of a specific team of care staff
- Managing any delegated finances appropriately
Care Workers and Senior Care Workers, will work a rota of 120 hours over three weeks, which includes a four day weekend and will include working 8 long shifts.
- We are only considering qualified staff – You’ll need to have the Diploma or NVQ level 3 in caring for children and Young people.
- You’ll need experience and an understanding of working with children and young people – ideally with those who have emotional and behavioural difficulties
- You’ll need an awareness of the current legislation affecting residential social work
- You’ll need satisfactory written and verbal communication skills
- For the Senior Care Practitioner role you’ll need some supervisory experience and will have previously managed a team of care workers before
Interested? To be considered for either the residential care worker role or the senior care worker role please click ‘apply’ to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks Recruitment
For more information, please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us