- £15000 - £21000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Residential Care Workers – Children’s Residential
Qualified and Unqualified positions available
Location: Shropshire and North Wales.
Salary: up to £20,696 plus allowance of £22.50 per sleep-in and overtime paid at time and a third
We have some exciting new opportunities for experienced and inexperienced residential care workers who want to either develop their career within a residential setting or who want to start a new career working with children and young people.
You will need to have:
• Some understanding of working with children and young people with multiple complex needs including, autism, learning difficulties, deep-rooted trauma, child sexual exploitation, sexually harmful behaviour, and school refusal.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• Hold a full driving licence.
In addition, you need to be committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people, enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges, assertive in difficult situations and have great interpersonal skills.
Above all else, you need to be an excellent role model.
In return you will receive:
• An excellent induction programme
• Funded mandatory training
• Funded healthy meals
• Funded opportunities for CPD (Continuing Professional Development) including access to the Therapeutic Foundation Degree through Glyndwr University
• In service access to a clinical psychologist and psychotherapists to support and inform your practice
Unqualified – £15,071
Qualified £18,254 – £20,696
Our client provides the best life possible for the children and young people in their care. They achieve this by paying attention to their immediate needs, wishes and feelings, and by promoting positive aspiration for their futures. Our client is committed to working with those who are the most vulnerable and challenging in the looked after system and to providing stable homes and expert interventions to support healing. They strive to make the lives of their children as fulfilling as possible and to challenge institutional and stigmatising attitudes towards children in care.
All applicants must undergo a full enhanced CRB.
Interested? Click on the “apply now” button at the bottom of this email, alternatively contact Fran Stallard on 0121 362 2317 for an informal chat.