- £16930 - £18000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Children’s Residential Support Worker / Shift Leader – numerous roles available across Wiltshire
Annual income starts at £16,930 (inclusive of sleep in allowance) depending on experience.
Full Time and Part time work available – will include working over a shift pattern including sleep-ins
We are looking to fill a number of roles across Wiltshire, working with children and young people with emotional and behavioral difficulties living within a residential setting and working as part of a team.
Our client is looking to recruit Support Workers who may or may not have experience of working in this post before, and Shift Leaders who have worked previously within a children’s residential setting before.
As a Support Worker you’ll be responsible for ensuring;
- An excellent standard of care is provided for the young people, where positive routines are established and maintained and their individual needs are always taken into account
- The welfare of all the young people looked after is promoted, and the employee recognizes and assumes their responsibility to exercise particular care, vigilance and energy in their approach to safeguarding
- A positive living environment is created for the young people in our care and domestic and household duties are performed to a high standard
- All risk assessments are adhered to and you will have a good working knowledge of their placement plan
- All record keeping and reports are completed accurately and on time
- Young people are supervised effectively, a positive level of control is maintained and age-appropriate activities are devised
In addition Shift Leaders
- Will hold the lead responsibility for each shift worked and ensure that tasks and paperwork have been completed for each shift. You will be the identified person in charge in the absence of any other senior management member. You will have at least one year’s relevant experience and hold a Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Health & Social Care (Caring for Children and Young People)
The Successful Candidate
- You’ll be able to take responsibility for and provide the care of young people
- You’ll nee to demonstrate your suitability to work with young people; emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviors, attitudes to use of authority an maintaining discipline
- You’ll be positive, flexible and enthusiastic
- You will need to have a full driving license
- To comply with the National Minimum Standards you’ll need to be a minimum age of 23 years
- A Diploma level 3 is Desirable for Support Workers Essential for Shift Leaders
- You’ll need to be able to work over a flexible working pattern
- This post is subject to a DBS check
Interested? Click “Apply’ to send your CV for consideration. For more information please call 0121 362 2318