- £14355 - £16830 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Are you a natural carer? Do you want to support young people and provide a homely, nurturing environment? Do you consider yourself as a role model with ‘the glass is half full’ outlook on life?
I am looking for Support Workers to assist in providing a caring and warm home to young people who have complex social, emotional and behavioural needs in a residential setting.
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will be, but not be limited to:
- Leading a staff team by example at act as a mentor for other support workers.
- Working in line with the policies and procedures of the company and the home, as well as adhering to the National Minimum Standards and Children’s Homes Regulations.
- Running the home as if it is your own – including domestic duties, cooking, laundry.
- Promoting independent living skills to prepare the residents for the future.
- Ensuring that the safeguarding of young people is paramount in the day to day working of the home.
As a Support Worker you will have:
- Experience of working with children and/or young people with complex needs.
- An understanding of child development.
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as work part of a team.
- The ability to work on a varied shift pattern including sleep ins and weekend work.
You also need to hold a valid UK driving licence.
The ideal candidate will be a positive and fun individual with the desire to maintain and promote excellence in standards of care. They will also have awareness of the needs and rights of children and young people in care and acting as an advocate for children and young people.
Interested? Please apply now or call Claire on 0121 362 2319
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us