- £30000 - £35000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Sales and Marketing
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Our client is a leading provider of component testing equipment. Due to a re-structure they are currently looking for a Technical Sales Engineer. This is a field based role where you will be selling material testing equipment into a wide range of industries including Aerospace, Automotive, Hard metals as well as Oil and Gas throughout the UK.
The role of the Sales Engineer
Primarily you will be responsible for the entire sales process from sourcing the potential opportunity right through to getting the order. Key duties will include
- Finding and growing new accounts by planning and organising daily work schedules.
- Preparing quotations for potential customers.
- Focusing sales efforts by studying the types of end user markets and adjust content of sales presentation accordingly
- Managing customer projects and tender to deadlines set
- creating and building relationships with Quality and production managers
- Pro-actively seeking new business as well as growing existing accounts.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Travelling to Europe will be necessary 3-4 times within the first and second year as our client provides excellent product training in Germany
The perfect candidate for the Sales Engineer role will have the following qualities and experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a Technical Sales Role
- Ideally you will have experience of selling into the automotive or aerospace industry
- Can negotiate with Key decision makers
- A proven track record of achieving targets and you will be able to demonstrate your successes
- Excellent presentation skills and a professional manner
- Be technically astute with a background in selling a solution
- £30,000 basic
- Realistic OTE of £40,000 (uncapped)
- Company Car
- Mobile telephone and Laptop
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to progress your career within a global market leader innovative organisation
If you would like to apply for this role, in the first instance please send you CV via the link below or contact James Stephens on 0121 632 2337