My client, a well-established, leading provider in care and support services for young people are looking for Senior Care Staff to join their close knit team at a children’s residential service in Gloucester. This position is a highly rewarding job role and comes with ongoing training, career prospects and a competitive rate of pay.
As a Senior Care Worker you will be joining a reputable company that provide therapeutic residential care for children who have been exposed to traumatic events in early childhood and as a result, require on going personalised support and care. The company invest in their staff, are supportive and work as a close, friendly team. The position will require an enhanced DBS check and ongoing training and support is provided by the company. Duties of the role will include;
- Leading a team of care staff on shift and assisting children and young people with daily activities, encouraging them to take part in group activities and outings
- Mentoring new starters and ensuring they are familiar with best practices, a person centered approach and any training needs identified and reported to your line manager
- Assisting with rota coordination when required
- Ensuring the children and young people in your care are happy, content and feel able to approach you with questions, concerns and ideas
- Maintaining a safe environment at all times and reporting any concerns
- Responding to the needs of the children and young people in any other appropriate activities
- Dealing with situations accordingly whilst always aiming to maintain a harmonious living environment
The role of a Senior Care Worker is very rewarding and it takes a certain type of person. My client are looking for someone who leads by example, is calm, non-judgmental and can handle sensitive, sometimes challenging, situations effectively. You will be flexible with working hours as the position will require sleep-ins and weekend work on a rota basis.
Full training will be provided for people who wish to start and progress their career in care of children and young people.
Interested? Please send a CV and apply on line today!
Commencement of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us