- £30000 - £45000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Due to continued growth my Client one of the world leaders in Forensic Investigation are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to investigate the causes of incidents/accidents due to engineering faults/ failures and fire and accidents and determine liability
As a Fire Investigator – Senior Electrical Engineer you will have a background as a Senior Electrical Engineer and have a strong Electrical Engineering background. You will report to the Regional Manager.
On a Day to Day basis you will
• Liaise with Clients, Insurance Companies, Loss Adjusters, Solicitors, Fire Brigade , Police and all official bodies.
• Carry out intensive site investigations (both in the UK and abroad) to accurately gather and record evidence
• You will carry out and amend risk assessments as appropriate prior to and during scene examinations
• Obtain and record relevant information from witnesses and other sources
• Produce brief preliminary reports to clients promptly and in line with internal and external Service Level Agreement
• Update with clients regularly to inform them on the progress of investigations
• Conduct detailed examinations and analysis of failed equipment or components
• Devise and carry out testing of components and materials
• Undertake enquiries, either over the telephone or by using the internet or other resources
• Review technical manuals and information including that contained maintenance records/drawings and that recorded by official bodies such the Police, the Fire Brigade and the HSE
• Be prepared to argue case with other experts and lawyers
• Prepare accurate reports for Court proceedings and provide witness evidence in Court if required
• As an experienced Fire Investigator- Senior Electrical Engineer you will have minimum a degree in Engineering or a Science based subject
• Be working towards your Chartership status in a specific discipline
• You will have worked as a Senior Electrical Engineer
• If you possess a higher degree by study or research (e.g. MSc or PhD) it is desirable, but not essential
• You will possess strong organisational skills and very high attention to detail
• Be able to identify colours, and possess a good sense of smell in order to identify features such as a smouldering fire, gas leak or flammable liquids
• Be able to complete a day’s site work including some physical exertion (e.g. digging)
• Be prepared to work at height, in confined spaces, in remote areas, in dirty environments or in buildings with difficult access
For the successful Fire Investigator – Senior Electrical Engineer we offer fantastic benefits including:
• A Basic Salary from £35,000 – £45,000 depending on your level of similar experience
• A Fantastic Company Bonus Structure
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays increasing each year to a max of 30
• Permanent Health Insurance
• Life assurance 4 x basic salary
• After 1 year you will be invited to join employer paid Private Medical Scheme.
• Ability to join Company Share Incentive Plan scheme.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, can you please apply via the link below to Dawn Keen