Job Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Benefits: Hybrid working, group stock purchase plan and Medical/ dental
This is a new and unique opportunity for a Firmware Engineer with experience of IoT and Writing in the C language for embedded systems to join a well-funded and highly innovative software company based in Leicester.
Part of a Canadian Group of companies, they are the only company in their space that do what they do within IoT and associated SaaS software and are looking for bright, committed and above all innovative individual to help them create their future environment in line with the company vision.
As part of a small team located in the UK, you will work to integrate third party sensors into the companies well established network. As well as enhance the functionality of the companies’ current deliverables. to our large customers around the world in markets such as oil & gas, construction, utilities, and warehousing. Customers include companies such as BP and Rio Tinto. You will also work closely with our colleagues at our parent company’s data analytics business with billions of data points, to implement machine learning and AI across our customers’ activities.
As part of our team the Firmware developer will help provide safety to workers in a wide range of environments.
Responsibilities and Capabilities:
- Write code in C
- Perform unit testing
- Document interfaces
- Develop for micro controllers with restrained resources, cloud connectivity and a real time operating system.
- Coding in C
- Real time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- M3/M4 micro controllers or similar
- ESP32 (Expressive)
- ADC’s, GPIO, UART’s, SPI and I2C busses
- MQTT Comms over cellular and Wi-Fi
- GNSS positioning Systems
- Battery and power Management
- Working with c code held in Git Repositories
- GNU toolchain and Eclipse development environment on linux
- Interfacing IoT devices to AWS and IoT services such as AWS IoT core
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.