- £17500 - £19500 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Residential Support Worker to work with an independent provider for children and young people with EBD based in the Stourbridge area.
You will be responsible to the Registered Manager and work closely with the Deputy Manager to ensure that the day to day running of the home in line with ofsted regulations.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading and supervising support staff.
- Offering support and guidance to the young people within your care.
- Ensuring all training and continued development is in place for the RSW’s
- Managing Budgets for the home.
The successful candidate for the role of Senior Residential Children’s Support Worker will have at least 12 months experience in residential childcare with children with EBD and hold an NVQ 3 in children and young people or equivalent.
- The Ability and willingness to work a shift rota including sleeping in duties
- The ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Assessment skills are necessary in taking residential staff through induction, probation, supervision, appraisal and over- viewing personal development plans. Planning, organizational skills, confidence and time management are all pre- requisites as is the commitment to good practice and the tenacity to maintain it.
- It is important that the candidate has sound values, confidence to address others and a strong practice and reference knowledge base. It is a vital role in ensuring consistency of practice throughout their individual team and across the team as a whole.
- The Senior RSW will be competent in administration, ensuring cross referencing is completed and that all residential staff operate at an appropriate standard. A comprehensive knowledge of risk assessment, an understanding of working in an arena of safety and a good working knowledge of legislation, policy and procedure are necessary to support RSW’s.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with colleagues and children and young people in a clear and professional manner maintaining the rules of confidentiality as appropriate.
- To develop and maintain professional relationships with, children & young people looked after at the home, families and team members.
For more information apply now or call Nikki on 0121 362 2326
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us