- £15500 - £19000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
I am recruiting for a Senior Residential Support Worker for a children’s residential service in South Wales. The role is based in a residential home that provides high quality, specialist residential, educational and therapeutic services for vulnerable young people. This role offers an excellent range of benefits and ongoing training and support.
You will report to the Registered Manger and be involved in the day to day running of the service. The main duties of the role are:
- Providing care, support and supervision, including household tasks, cooking, shopping, laundry and independent living skills to the young people in your care
- To maintain good communication skills and written records
- To liaise with significant others on a day-to-day basis, participating in the assessment of the young persons needs and the implementation of care plans and risk assessments
- To ensure that the physical, emotional and psychological needs of young people are met
- To support young people by driving them to home visits, school and appointments etc. that may involve long distances
- Work in partnership with educational staff to ensure educational needs are met
- To administer prescribed and non-prescribed medication to young people as dictated
- Attend and take an active part in team meetings, handovers and supervisions
To be considered for this role, you must hold a NVQ level 3 and have at least 1 year’s experience working with children in a residential setting. You must be able to act as a senior team member in the absence of management and deal with any issues that may arise. You must be able to engage with young people and help to make a positive difference to their lives.
A leading provider of education and residential care placements for vulnerable young people with complex and special educational needs.
Interested? Click Apply and your application will be considered or call Hayley Green on 0121 362 2314
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us