- £20113 - £22862 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
I’m currently looking for an Senior Care worker for a Children’s residential home in Stockport. This is a contract post for 9-12 months covering maternity leave. My client have a large number of children’s homes in the area and support children with emotional and behavioural difficulties and can offer you a competitive salary and excellent working environment.
You’ll work with the deputy and manager to ensure that the home for children and young people is well run on a day to day basis. You’ll support and lead the residential care workers.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Provide a caring, safe, secure and accepting environment that meets the basic physical, health, social needs and rights of the young people.
- Supporting less experienced staff via positive and effective team working, to achieve high quality standards of care that are set
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of systems and policies which ensure compliance with legislative regulations and that high standards are achieved thus maximising quality of care, protection and appropriate control.
- Maximise educational opportunities and achievements for young people
- Make assessments of need and co-ordinate the formulation of plans to enable these needs to be met, taking into account the wishes and feelings of the young people, their parents and other persons with parental responsibility
- Supervise and/or undertake key working responsibilities, including primary responsibility for the more complex cases
The Senior Residential Children’s Worker role requires an individual who has;
- Significant childcare experience
- Previous experience of working in a home for children and young people with EBD
- NVQ level 3 in children and young people
- a current clean driving licence
- supervisory and leadership experience
- To be considered for the Senior Residential Children’s Worker role please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us