We’re looking for a Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist to work for care provider with care homes, rehabilitation units and supported living services in South London. As a Speech and Language Therapist you’ll work with vulnerable adults with leaning disabilities who have communication and or swallowing difficulties. It’s a great chance to join an organisation that are passionate about achieving great outcomes for the people they support, and you’ll be part of a team of like-minded care professional that love what they do. On offer is a salary of £36000 plus an excellent benefits package.
The Speech and Language Therapist Role:
You’ll be responsible for the delivery of effective Speech and Language Therapy services for vulnerable adults residing in community rehabilitation units, who present with learning disabilities and complex needs.
As a Speech and Language Therapist you will undertake clinical SLT work with adults with a diverse range of communication and swallowing difficulties.
- Assess, treat and manage service users with communication and swallowing difficulties
- Manage a caseload of service users with varying diagnosis and complex needs, using evidence based client centred principles.
- Ensure development of junior staff through supervision, training and contribution to annual appraisal.
- Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of clinical practice and service development within the area of Learning disabilities.
- Contribute to maintenance and development of the SLT service.
- Participate in information management to ensure high quality data which is recorded, evaluated & reported in a timely manner.
- To support with the dysphagia caseload and train staff to raise awareness of dysphagia management in Learning Disabilities.
The Successful Candidate
- A minimum of 2 years SLT clinical experience with adult population.
- Ability to reflect and develop own practice.
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent.
- HCPC Registration – licence to practice.
Registered member of RCSLT
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced rates for all public holidays
- Financial support towards professional qualifications
- Enhanced DBS cost covered
- Comprehensive induction based on the Care Certificate
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Online rewards and high street discounts
- Support from our Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Membership of employer contribution pension fund
Interested? Please respond with an updated CV to be considered
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.