I’m currently looking for a Senior Support Worker / Shift Leader to work in a home for children and young people with severe learning disabilities in Herefordshire. You’ll be responsible for managing the shift and providing excellent leadership to a small team of residential support staff. In return my client can offer a competitive salary, benefits package and excellent training opportunities.
As a Shift Leader / Senior Support Worker you’ll be responsible for;
- Ensure that each shift runs smoothly
- Planning activities and support the personalised development of each resident, helping them to lead a happy, fun and fulfilling life
- Follow company policies and procedures and ensure that support staff do the same
- To act and respond appropriately to any child safeguarding or crisis management issue
– Identify individual team members’ professional development needs, record them and arrange access to development programme’s
- It is ESSENTIAL that you have experience of working with Children and Young People with severe learning disabilities and complex challenging behaviour.
- Ideally you’ll have the Diploma level 3 in Children and Young people or a willingness to work towards it
- You’ll have some leadership experience and be confident at managing a small team. You’ll have worked previously as a Shift Leader / Senior Support Worker / Team Leader or similar
– You’ll need to be a driver with your own vehicle
Interested? To be considered for the Shift Leader post, please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us