Senior Support Worker
Are you a senior support worker looking for a new challenge? Are you able to lead a team of support workers? Would you like to work for a friendly, supportive organisation that respects and vales staff? If so I want to hear from you.
The role involves providing support to service users in a residential home and to assist the Registered Manager in the day to day running of a service for young adults with autism, learning disabilities and related issues.
There are many duties involved in the role of Senior Support Worker including:
• To monitor the effectiveness of the support team and guide, advise and supervise.
• To monitor and report or act upon any health and safety concerns in regard of supporters or service users.
• To write clear and factual reports – to attend reviews and cascade information to other health professionals.
• To accompany service users to medical appointments.
• To manage and administer medications and audit same.
• Ensure infection control is carried out according to procedures.
• To manage the daily diary, shift plans and to plan ahead.
• To manage and assist with the rota.
• Update care plans.
The successful candidate will be an experienced senior support worker with at least two years’ experience of working with people with autism and /or learning disabilities and you must hold or be working towards NVQ Level 3. Full training will be provided as well as on going support.
An organisation that supports adults with autism and learning disabilities in a residential home and are engaged in Autism Accreditation with the Autistic Society.
This position will be suitable for: Support worker, carer, community care, health care assistant, nursing assistant, domiciliary carer, learning disabilities worker, mental health support worker, senior support worker
Interested? Click Apply and your application will be considered.