- £9 - £9 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We’re currently looking to fill 3 Full time Senior Support Worker posts in Crumpsall, North Manchester. As a Senior Support Worker you’ll supervise and manage staff within a Residential Home or Supported Living service supporting people with Enduring Mental Health needs and Learning disabilities. The purpose of the service is to support people to live a full and active life and to promote their independence.
These are full time posts – contracted as 37.5 hours a week, usually worked as days shifts over a 7 day working pattern, however you’ll need to be flexible and willing to work evenings/nights when cover is needed. They offer an excellent benefits package which can include; paid holidays, childcare vouchers, occupational sick leave, Auto-enrolment pension scheme and opportunities to achieve recognised qualifications.
You’ll become a trusted member of the care team, supporting and advocating for individuals in all aspects of their health and well-being. This service promotes independence and you’ll encourage service users to become more confident with their daily living skills and their integration within their community.
- To direct lead and manage the staff on shift , ensuring that support staff follow all care and support plans
- Ensure the diary and shift plan is maintained appropriately, so that service uses attend all planned activities
- You’ll help service users to plan and arrange holidays of their choice and in accordance with budgets set
- To conduct staff supervision and appraisals,
- Review of Person centre plans on a monthly basis
- To assist with the induction of new starters
Two of the posts are Permanent contracts, the 3rd role is a temporary contract with a possibility of becoming permanent.
- To have 6 months or more experience within a similar role or environment
- a good understanding of the needs of people with Mental health conditions or learning disabilities
- the ability to lead and supervise a staff team
- a willingness to take part in a wide range of activities with service users
- An NVQ level 2 or 3 in health and social care
- The flexibility to work irregular hours e.g. mornings, evenings, weekends and nights
Interested? Click ‘Apply’ or send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks Recruitment.
0121 362 2318
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company that are passionate about supporting people with Mental Health needs and learning disabilities to live full and independent lives and who offer an excellent benefits scheme, competitive pay scheme and fantastic working conditions