The Senior Officer in Critical Facilities is a skilled professional responsible for the effective and efficient conduct of matter related to the Critical Facilities. They perform a broad and challenging variety of work, some unpredictable and non-routine, which requires creative application of a wide range of principles. It is essential to maintain good, professional working relationships with stakeholders.
The position is primarily office-based at the Primary Data Centre in Redhill, but will require travel to other sites nearby to develop and maintain excellent working relations with the services across this and partner organisations.
Candidates will be expected to take a technical role in the design and implementation and provide advice and consultancy both at a strategic and tactical level for all critical facilities environments, including all networking, telecommunications, cabling and associated M&E, plus DR and backup solutions.
They will also engage with services, to understand and review business drivers, needs and strategies and understand implications for the Critical Facilities infrastructure.
This role has direct responsibility for the following;
- Represent Critical Facilities on projects and be responsible for deployment strategy and architecture
- Work with system architects, designers and contractors to plan and implement major configuration changes
- Ensure the needs for quality, security and availability for Critical Facilities are met
- Diagnosis and resolution of problems, ensuring agreed levels of service are achieved
- Ensure compliance with associated industry standards and good practices
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and development of third party services
- Liaise directly with both internal and external customers, suppliers and partners to ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage the response to enquiries by customers, specialists and others, prioritising as necessary
- Work with third party services providers to develop more effective and efficient ways of working
The Role Requirements:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of working in a Datacentre environment
- A demonstrable understanding/awareness of the physical elements
- Experience of working in a lead role and have previously contributed to large-scale projects
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us