Job Title: Contract Service Delivery Manager – Managed desktop support transition
Location: Central Manchester
Duration: 6 Months
Day Rate: £360 to £380 depending on experience
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Service Delivery Manager or Transition Manager to take a lead role within a specialist insurance business based in Central Manchester.
The main focus will be the transition of their existing UK based helpdesk to an outsourced service provided by their parent company in Germany
The company is a key part of a global organisation where IT is critical to their continued success and growth.
This role will operate as part of the project team to transition the existing help desk from a local in-house service to an outsourced service provided by a central team
This role will be responsible for setting up the new service, ensure the transition to the new service is seamless and manage the transition to BAU:
- Fully document the proposed service – roles and responsibilities, escalation matrices, SLAs etc
- Ensure the implementation of the new Service management system is seamless to the wider organisation
- Ensure all the processes around the knowledge management system are implemented
- Work closely with the communications team to ensure the changes to the existing service are fully disseminated throughout the organisation
- Set up a full suite of performance monitoring reports
- Manage the relationship with Germany to ensure service levels are maintained
Key Experience Required
- You will be an experienced Service Delivery Manager or Transition Manager ideally with experience of working in a financially regulated environment such as finance or insurance
- You will have demonstrable experience of setting up the delivery of an outsourced service and the transition from a local service to a European based one
- You will have strong process knowledge of Incident, problem, change and service request management.
- Experience of working to ITIL
- You will have strong communications skills and will be happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
We are looking for someone to be able to start at the beginning of June 2015
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us