We’ve got a great opportunity for somebody to become a Service Manager at a supported living service for adults with learning disabilities in Watford. As a Service Manager you’ll be responsible for the delivery of a high quality, person focused service to individuals living across a small number of properties, all within close proximity and effectively managing a team of staff. On offer is an attractive salary of £30,000 – £31,000 dependent on experience and qualifications and an excellent benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
The Service Manager Role
My client are a large supported living service in Watford, who provide housing, care support and a vast array of day opportunities to people with learning disabilities to ensure that they are able to live fulfilling lives. There is a strong sense of community spirit within the service and the day opportunities offered create meaningful work opportunities for people.
As a service Manager you’ll be responsible for;
- The day to day management of a number of supported living properties and the care of the clients within. You’ll report into a Registered Care and Support Manager who oversees the wider area and will support them with the development and delivery of a high quality, safe service that reflects their approach to social care.
- Managing 1 or 2 team leaders and a team of care and Support workers and will be accountable for the people management and development of the staff teams. You’ll ensure that all staff have complete induction, have individual development plans that are updated regularly, have regular supervision and an annual review.
- Planning and organising the delivery of care and support by your teams, ensuring that there are up to date person centred needs assessments, support plans, risk assessments in place and tat the y are regularly reviewed to ensure they meet the changing needs of the clients.
- Managing low level performance and disciplinary concerns and grievances, taking advice from the Care and Support Manager and HR Manager where needed.
- Ensuring excellent record keeping for your services, that is compliant with CQC standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with the local authority, other funders, CQC, healthcare professionals such as GP@s and Social Workers and client’s families.
The Successful Candidate
- For the Service Manager role we’re looking for somebody with significant experience of managing teams within a social care setting, ideally multi-site supported living. You’ll probably have worked in a position such as Service Manager, House Manager, Supported Living Manager, Registered Manager, Senior Team Leader or similar
- You’ll have experience and be passionate about working with people with learning disabilities and a range of support needs.
- You’ll have experience of managing budgets and finances effectively and be familiar with IT systems and recording data in Excel spreadsheets.
- Ideally, you’ll hold the QCF level 5 / NV 4 or equivalent, but not essential, you will need to be willing to undertake
Interested? To be considered for the Service Manager / Supported Living Manager role please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment
For More inforamtio pla=ease call 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.