We’re looking for a Care Manager / Supported Living Manager who’s passionate and committed to providing high quality care for those with Learning Disabilities / Autism and who can motivate, lead and inspire a team of staff to deliver positive outcomes consistently. We’re looking for somebody who has leadership / management experience within a provision for people with learning disabilities and who is academically qualified to degree level. On offer for the Care Manager is an excellent salary in the region of £30,000 and the opportunity to work for an organisation with an excellent reputation for being both an excellent employer and ones of the most client focused supported living providers.
The Supported Living Care Manager Role
As a Care Manager you’ll essentially be managing bespoke care services for a number of individuals that live within a number of supported living properties and leading the team of staff to deliver excellent outcomes for people.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all documentation is completed to a high level such as ABC report forms, Accident / Incident forms, MAR charts, Daily log records, medication records, healthcare monitoring m, personal care records and more.
- Manage a team of senior support workers and support workers ensuring that regular supervision and annual appraisals are carried out. Mentor new staff and support them to understand their roles.
- Deal with any performance, capability or disciplinary issues. You’ll work with the training manager to make sure that staff receive the right training to support service users with complex behaviour.
- Ensure that you get to know and understand the service users to form a trusting relationship and make sure they are comfortable, safe and happy at all times.
- Ensure that all service users have a personal file that is a comprehensive source of person-centred planning documentation.
- Initiate safeguarding procedures following any concerns raised.
The Successful Care Manager …
- Is somebody who has experience of managing staff within a care provision and who has worked with clients with learning disabilities or autism. It’s likely that you’ll have been a care manager, deputy manager, team manager, team leader or service manager before.
- Will be academically qualified to degree level, ideally in a subject related to care such as Psychology, Nursing, Learning Disability Studies, Law. You’ll be knowledgeable about CQC KLOE and understand relevant legislation and guidance.
- Will demonstrate a passion for working in this sector and improving the lives of those that you support and will be able to inspire and lead teams of staff positively, setting a good example of best practise.
- You’ll be able to represent the organisation in a professional manner and have excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with the senior management team daily and other care professionals where required.
Interested? To be considered for the Supported Living Manager / Care Manager role please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment. For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.