- £20000 - £23000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Kingston Upon Hull
- Manufacturing and Production
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Shift Supervisor – Food Production
Salary: 20-23k per annum
Our client is a well-established supplier of premium, fresh and added value food products and due to steady growth they are looking for a Shift Supervisor to work from their site in Hull.
To learn the effective procurement, management and planning of resources to deliver agreed yield, productivity and customer service targets.
- To collate sales order and forecast data and to support the Factory Manager in setting the daily production plan.
- Material scheduling and ordering (meats, ingredients, packaging etc)
- Entering the production requirement onto Formix, followed through FOPS to Depstach
- Collating sales order data relating to IQF products, to set the daily/weekly production plan and to communicate the production plan to relevant parties.
- Maintenance of the IQF finished stock sheets, ensuring that stock is available to meet all orders in full and on time and that minimum stock levels are maintained in accordance with current stockholding agreements.
- To reconcile stocks of raw materials and chilled/frozen ingredients, investigate variances, identify under/over stock positions and to take remedial action as necessary (freezing of stocks where possible or reduction of orders placed). All freezing to be undertaken in line with best practice.
- Experience of performance management of a team.
- Hands on approach to solving problems.
- Experience at suggesting change initiatives and getting results.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills.
- Sound practical knowledge of a production environment.
- Ability to prepare detailed information accurately and work to strict deadlines.
- Previous experiance in the food industry would be advantegous.
Our client is one of the largest food producers in Britain with products spanning retail shelves and restaurant menu’s across the country and internationally. They continue to build a winning business by staying true to a simple ethos; authentically made British food, without compromise. They take the skills of artisans, and with a dedication to the crafts perfected over generations, make great, tasty food for everyone to enjoy. It may take a little longer, but as with all quality products, time is a key ingredient and an investment worth making.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as a Shift Supervisor, Shift Planner or Production Supervisor.
It is likely candidates will be commutable to Hull, Grimsby, York and Scunthorpe.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.
Here at Coburg Banks i specialise in recruiting for the food manufacturing sector, if this is not a sutiable role for you i would still like to hear from you and see if i can help.