- £23000 - £25000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Role: Test Analyst / Software Tester
Software Test Analyst required to ensure consistently high quality software releases of both in-house software applications and their interfaces to other relevant 3rd party applications into the Live IT environment. This will be achieved through the successful scripting and execution of system and non-functional test scripts, as well as ensuring comprehensive User Acceptance Testing occurs.
In order to ensure that a standard approach is followed, all testing will be delivered according to the structured project methodology.
The post holder will be expected to ensure that the highest standards of quality are defined for testing and that outputs are monitored against these standards
- The post holder will be expected to prepare a detailed written test strategy for all major testing work streams undertaken
- To provide input to the Project Delivery Manager and Project Managers in relation to all identified risks associated with the testing to be performed
- The preparation of detailed and comprehensive system test scripts for the software to be tested, and utilisation of the most appropriate scripting tool and technique for the application being tested
- Provide assistance to (subject matter experts) SMEs in the production of UAT scripts
- To identify and generate test data as appropriate in order to successfully execute all necessary system test scripts and regression test scripts
- To execute system, performance, regression and non-functional test scripts as necessary against the software to be tested
- The accurate and detailed recording of all bugs found during the course of executing test scripts along with details of the circumstances leading up to the fault
- The post holder, when acting as the lead test analyst, will be required to produce formal analysis for each release test cycle from the initial round of system testing through to the final UAT sign off. This analysis will then be shared with other teams within the department to aid improvements in the quality of the future design and build of software
- On occasion the post holder will be required to “walk the floor” at one of the clients offices alongside other members of the IT Operations team. This will often follow go live of a major new release or after a new application implementation. They will also be required to accurately capture and report any problems found by users via the Help Desk to ensure their timely investigation and resolution
- The post holder must be able to decide when to escalate a potential problem and what escalation path should be followed.
ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Level Certified Software Tester or equivalent industry recognized qualification.
Previous Software Testing Experience