- £23000 - £25000 per annum
- Job Type:
- North London
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Speech and Language Therapist to cover services in the North London Region.
The SLT is responsible for the delivery of effective Speech and Language Therapy services for vulnerable adults residing in community rehabilitation units, who present with learning disabilities and complex needs.
As a Speech & Language Therapist you will undertake clinical SLT work with adults with a diverse range of communication and swallowing difficulties.
The clinical work will include:
• Ensuring the client understands and agrees to the treatment plan giving consent to it, in accordance with the current relevant legislation.
• Independently managing and prioritising the SLT case load.
• Utilising clinical reasoning to select appropriate assessment techniques which lead you to identify the client’s communication strengths and needs.
• To agree appropriate and realistic goals for treatment with the client and so produce a comprehensive treatment plan in order to achieve these goals.
• Planning, implementing and evaluating appropriate therapy intervention to meet needs of clients on personal caseload.
• Recommending and introducing high and low tech communication systems and resources to advance the communication of clients on unit.
• Delivering group and individual therapy sessions as required.
• Must have a minimum of six months postgraduate SLT clinical experience with adults.
• Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent.
• HCPC Registration – licence to practice.
• Registered member of RCSLT
• A competitive salary
• Enhanced rates for all public holidays
• Financial support towards professional qualifications
• Free of charge mandatory training
• Enhanced DBS cost covered
• Comprehensive induction based on the Care Certificate
• 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Online rewards and high street discounts
• Support from our Employee Assistance Program
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare Voucher scheme
• Membership of employer contribution pension fund
Interested? Please respond with an updated CV to be considered or for more information, please contact Kelly on 0121 362 2315
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us