- £37000 - £40000 per month
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Job Title SQL Database Administrator
Location Near Wokingham
Salary £40,000 + Benefits
The company is a rapidly expanding technical services provider within the aeronautics industry. They have extensive expertise, industry knowledge and experience in assisting airlines in reducing their operating costs. Currently enjoying the benefits of global coverage, this is an exciting time to be a part of this organisation.
Working on mission critical Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012 and responsible for full maintenance of the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 mirroring environment. Working directly with the solutions architect you will ensure a consistently high performance with SQL Server by implementing metrics for hardware, software, issue occurrence and resolution speed. Investigating performance issues with T-SQL Scripts and SQL objects and making improvements to existing code for performance improvement.
The Role Requirements:
- High level of competency with Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
- ETL data integration experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Good experience of Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Server (SSAS)
- Exposure to Microsoft Access, MDX query language and C# would be advantageous but these are skills more likely to be picked up
- Desire to own the role of database management for the business
- 20 days holiday in the first year then 25 days.
- Pension – Match 3% of your contribution.
- Life insurance
- Free parking
- On the job training.
- HR offer an initial orientation program for your first few months in the company This will introduce you to the various departments in the company through training sessions and will help you build up a bigger picture of how the company functions
- Personal Development Plans. These are carried out by your line manager and give you an opportunity to highlight your career aspirations and training requirements within the company – these will be provided in accordance with the business need. These are driven by the employee and can be reviewed on a yearly or monthly basis.
- Tea and coffee making facilities. Sandwich vans which come round.
- Xmas do & off site business update followed by a summer BBQ.
- Dress down Friday – £1 donated to charity.
- Reward and recognition. Employees can nominate people within the company that they feel have gone over and above in their job role and deserve a reward and recognition. This can be vouchers, cinema tickets etc.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us