Support Manager (Healthcare)
Leading Supported Living Provider
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 + excellent enhancements
I have an opportunity for an experienced Support Manager to join a well-established company who provide supported living services to adults with learning disabilities. You will be working from their purpose built, new build property in Leicester. This position is permanent, working Full Time.
I am looking for a Support Manager to take responsibility for managing a supported living service within Leicester. The service you will be responsible for support adults who have extreme challenging behaviours, Autism and/or Learning Disabilities.
The successful candidate will be well supported in the role with a strong company structure and good opportunities to progress the role in the future
As Support Manager there are various tasks that are incorporated into this position including;
– Managing and motivating a large staff team to deliver high quality, person centred support
– Take the lead in recruitment, induction and training of employees
– Build new and maintain existing relationships with commissioners, families, carers, staff and the wider community
– Take responsibility for performance management
– Authorise expenditure against agreed budgets
– Work with senior management to identify areas for improvement
– Undertake the role of Registered Manager as necessary
– QCF Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care (desirable)
– NVQ Level 4 in Health and Social Care (minimum)
– A background of working within social care, ideally within a similar role
– Experience with people who have learning disabilities, challenging behaviours and/or complex needs
– Good leadership, communication and organisational skills
– Knowledge of safeguarding processes, preferably for vulnerable adults
This position may be suitable for candidates with experience working within the following positions: Care Manager, Service Manager, Deputy Manager, Team Leader, Care Supervisor, Peripatetic Manager, Home Manager or Support Manager.
*A Full UK Driving License is required for this role
Interested? Please click the “apply” button and forward a copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Closing Date – Monday 01st December 2014, AM
For more information, please contact Kate at Coburg Banks on 0121 362 2312.