Support Manager (Healthcare) – FTC for 6 months
Leading Supported Living Provider
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 + excellent enhancements
I have an opportunity for an experienced Support Manager to join a well-established company who provide supported living services to adults with learning disabilities. You will be working from their purpose built, new build property in Leicester. This position is a fixed term contract for 6 months with the view to potentially becoming permanent, working Full Time.
I am looking for a Support Manager to take responsibility for managing a supported living service within Leicester. The service you will be responsible for support adults who have extreme challenging behaviours, Autism and/or Learning Disabilities.
The successful candidate will be well supported in the role with a strong company structure and good opportunities to progress the role in the future
As Support Manager there are various tasks that are incorporated into this position including;
– Managing and motivating a large staff team to deliver high quality, person centred support
– Take the lead in recruitment, induction and training of employees
– Build new and maintain existing relationships with commissioners, families, carers, staff and the wider community
– Take responsibility for performance management
– Authorise expenditure against agreed budgets
– Work with senior management to identify areas for improvement
– Undertake the role of Registered Manager as necessary
– QCF Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care (desirable)
– NVQ Level 4 in Health and Social Care (minimum)
– A background of working within social care, ideally within a similar role
– Experience with people who have learning disabilities, challenging behaviours and/or complex needs
– Good leadership, communication and organisational skills
– Knowledge of safeguarding processes, preferably for vulnerable adults
This position may be suitable for candidates with experience working within the following positions: Care Manager, Service Manager, Deputy Manager, Team Leader, Care Supervisor, Peripatetic Manager, Home Manager or Support Manager.
*A Full UK Driving License is required for this role
Interested? Please click the “apply” button and forward a copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Closing Date – Monday 01st December 2014, AM
For more information, please contact Kate at Coburg Banks on 0121 362 2312.