- £7.50 - £8.00 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
National Charitable Organisation
Salary £7- 8 per hour
I am working with a national charity who are looking for committed support workers to work in an 8 bedded residential care home for adults with learning disabilities.
The organisation supports individuals with a learning disability to have a great life, to be part of the community and to enjoy leisure interests. They are seeking people with the skills to organise and support individuals to achieve this.
There are many duties involved in the role of support worker including:
• Offer the highest levels of support to individuals at all times
• Promote the well-being and general health of individuals and help create surroundings in which the individual feels secure
• Contribute to the individual you work with and their general development. This will include the personal, social, occupational and leisure development
• Provide emotional and practical support for individuals for everyday issues, and when individuals are faced with difficult decisions or experiences
• Assist and/or support individuals with all aspects of their financial management as required, eg paying bills, claiming benefits, purchasing clothes, presents etc
• Support individuals with their household work
• Prompt or assist individuals in aspects of personal care with sensitivity, respect and dignity, where necessary and as required by their condition, culture and wishes
• Undertake sleep-in duties or waking night duties on the premises, when required
The successful candidate will be an experienced support worker, ideally with experience gained with adults with learning disabilities. You must have good communication skills and the ability to work on your own or as part of a team aswell as the ability to support people in a respectful way inline with the values of the organisation. You will ideally have or be working towards NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care
A national charitable organisation that support people with learning disabilities and their families.
This position will be suitable for: Support worker, carer, community care, health care assistant, nursing assistant, domiciliary carer, community care
For more information on this role please click apply or call Hayley Green on 0121 362 2314