Support Workers needed for specialised therapeutic service for adolescents based in Cambridgeshire. Salary £22000 to £23100 plus sleep in allowance.
Our client supports vulnerable boys with a known history of sexual behaviours. Following a minimum of a 2-year therapeutic programme, the residents are equipped with the skills to go onto independent living. They work hard to help their boys recognise and reduce the risks and threats that they have faced and that they represent.
The service provides a safe, nurturing environment where creativity is promoted through education and activities.
This role will suit energetic Support Workers. Some of the onsite activities include horticulture, basic mechanics, outdoor gym, art, drama theatre and cookery. Most of all, they really want people who are community-spirited, open-minded, and passionate about providing support for young people. If you have a hobby, bring it with you!
They have a real community vibe, so everything that they do fosters a sense of that, of belonging, of responsibility and purpose – from breakfast or lunches eaten together to enjoying a game of pool.
As a Support Worker you will;
- Support the young people with everyday life, encouraging independent living skills
- Ensure the young people’s physical and psychological welfare is well looked after
- Be responsible for engaging the young people in various activities including going away on holidays
- To act as a Keyworker for designated residents
To be considered for the Support Worker role you will need;
- Passion and enthusiasm with a caring nature
- Flexibility to work shifts (fixed 3-week rota) including evenings, weekends and sleep ins
- Willingness to complete the QCF level 3 Children’s and Young People’s Workforce
- Previous experience within a residential support setting for adolescents or young adults
Due to the location and nature of the role, candidates must be 25 years old or over and have a valid driving license with access to a vehicle.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.