We’re looking for a talented Support Worker to work for our client.
If you can demonstrate the ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a positive outlook and empathetic manner in all situations, then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
This is a full time role with a mixed shift rota that will include some weekend working, waking nights and sleep-ins. Full details of the working pattern will be discussed at interview. Part-time hours may be considered.
As a Support Worker you’ll work with the Registered Home Manager and a team of experienced support workers. You will assist the residents (with learning disabilities and in some cases a physical disability) in all aspects of their everyday lives, promoting a lifestyle that supports individual needs and options as well as promoting and encouraging independence.
As a Support Worker you can expect to:
- Help with the reviews of individual care plans
- Participate in risk assessments ensuring a safe environment at all times
- Motivate and encourage service users to take part in everyday tasks including personal care
- Help resolve any minor conflicts between service users
- Ensure the health and safety of service users is maintained throughout
- Administer, record and store medication
- Transport and accompany service users to medical and other appointments
- Plan daily activities to meet the needs and interests of the service users
To be considered for the Support Worker role you’ll need to be able to demonstrate dignity and respect to the people you will be working with; to remain calm under pressure, along with a good team working attitude; excellent standard of literacy and numeracy and good IT skills. You will also always have the service users’ interests at heart and be supportive and caring throughout.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
You’ll also need to be prepared to undertake training to get your care qualifications and work towards your NVQ level 2 in Health & Social Care if you do not already hold these.
You will need to have a full driving licence for this position. Please do not apply if you do not have one.
Salary: Starting at £17,550 per annum for the ideal person plus a
service allowance of £2,087 p.a. dependent on the
Shift Allowances: Apply to Sleep Ins; Awake Nights; Weekend shifts
Benefits: You’ll also receive 22 days holiday increasing with length of service plus statutory bank holidays; Excellent Training and Support; Contributory Pension Scheme; Healthcare Cash Plan; Free on site parking; Free admission to the Rare Breeds Centre
The business you’ll be working for is a charity that provides quality care and support for adults with learning and physical disabilities in small family style homes across Kent and East Sussex. This post is based on their site based near Ashford
They’re a great organisation to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
– Have an extremely friendly and personalised environment
– Give excellent training and opportunities for future progression
– Are based on a rural site that includes the Rare Breeds Centre in Woodchurch, Near Ashford, Kent.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Support Worker role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.