National Charitable Organisation
Salary: £8.51-£9.03 on completion of probation and Dip level 2
I am working with a national charity who are looking for committed support workers to work in an residential care home for adults with learning disabilities.
The organisation supports individuals with a learning disability to have a great life, to be part of the community and to enjoy leisure interests. They are seeking people with the skills to organise and support individuals to achieve this.
There are many duties involved in the role of support worker including:
- Offer the highest levels of support to individuals at all times
- Promote the well-being and general health of individuals and help create surroundings in which the individual feels secure
- Contribute to the individual you work with and their general development. This will include the personal, social, occupational and leisure development
- Provide emotional and practical support for individuals for everyday issues, and when individuals are faced with difficult decisions or experiences
- Assist and/or support individuals with all aspects of their financial management as required, eg personal shopping, leisure interests, purchasing clothes, presents etc
- Support individuals to clean their home and other household tasks
- Prompt or assist individuals in aspects of personal care with sensitivity, respect and dignity, where necessary and as required by their condition, culture and wishes
- Undertake sleep-in duties or waking night duties on the premises, when required
The successful candidate will have a good work ethic, a passion for learning and development and a passion for promoting the choices and rights of others. You must have good communication skills and the ability to work on your own or as part of a team as well as the ability to support people in a respectful way in line with the values of the organisation. You will need to have or be willing to working towards a recognised Diploma in health and social care would be an advantage.
A national charitable organisation that supports both people with learning disabilities and their family/carers.
This position will be suitable for: support worker, carer, community care, health care assistant, nursing assistant, domiciliary carer, community care
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us