- £7.22 - £7.47 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We’re currently looking to recruit for a Support Worker post within a residential home for people with Physical Disabilities. As a Support worker / Care Assistant you’ll be supporting the residents in their daily living tasks and to partake in social activities. They offer an excellent benefits package which includes; contracted hours, petrol allowance, £7.22 – £7.43 per hour plus enhanced rates up to £8.66 for evenings and weekends, relevant training and the opportunity to do qualifications, contributory pension scheme and discounted health cover.
The Role of a Support Worker
- You’ll be providing care and support to enable the people living in the home to have a fulfilling and independent life.
- You’ll provide assistance with personal care and other daily tasks; including washing, dressing and mobility, thereby promoting their independence.
- You’ll support residents to access and partake in social activities and events both onsite and in the community.
- You’ll work in partnership with the people who use our service encouraging choice, participation and motivation adhering at all times to the values of the organisation.
- We’re looking people who are flexible and are able to work over a shift pattern
- This is a full time position that includes working alternate weekends
- You’ll be working 0730 to 1430 for early shifts and 1430 to 2130 for late shifts.
- The successful candidate will be required to communicate with people at all levels including people with physical disabilities and sensory impairment.
- Good verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ideally you’ll have experience of working as a Support Worker or Care Assistant within the Social Care sector but this is not essential
- Experience of working with physically disabled people would be beneficial
- No formal qualifications required as full training will be provided.
- My client is a large organisation that supports thousands of people with disabilities in the UK and in more than 50 other countries. They help people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and long-term health conditions, as well as their carers, friends and families and the needs and aspirations of disabled people are at the heart of everything that they do.
- For their employees they provide an excellent package, with full training, the opportunity to gain NVQ qualifications, competitive rates, petrol allowance, and enhanced hourly rates for working during the evening/weekends.
To be considered for the Support Worker post click “Apply” to send your CV Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks
0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us