- £8.75 - £8.75 per hour
- Job Type:
- South West London
- Medical and Nursing
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We are currently looking to recruit a team of Support Workers to support an individual within their own home with their family who has a spinal cord injury. As a Support Worker you’ll be supporting the client in their daily living tasks which included personal care and partaking in social activities. Our client offers an excellent benefits package which includes contracted hours with excellent rates of pay: £8.75 per hour
The role of a Support Worker
- As a support worker you will have natural empathy, compassion and a positive approach.
- Support the client with both health and social care task enabling him to fulfil his role as husband and father.
- Activities may include supporting our client to take his children to school and participate in their hobbies.
- We’re looking people who are flexible and are able to work over a shift pattern, including alternate weekends.
- The client requires full assistance with every activity during the day, including personal care and hoisting
- A full driving license is essential to assist this gentleman with trips out in his vehicle. Due to insurance purposes to drive his car, you must be over the age of 25.
- The successful candidate will be required to communicate with people at all levels.
- Good verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ideally you’ll have experience of working as a Support Worker or Care Assistant within the Social Care sector before, however this is not essential.
- Experience of working with physically disabled people would be beneficial.
- No formal qualifications required as our client has a fully equipped training centre with an excellent support process in place for all new starters.
My client is one of the UK’s leading community based care providers who provide person-centred care for adults and children with complex conditions within their own home.
They offer a range of packages delivered by bespoke care teams specific to the individual needs, where necessary, 24 hours a day.
- Contributory pension
- Full training including the opportunity to gain NVQ qualifications
- Competitive rates of pay
- Enhanced hourly rates for night shifts
- 36hrs/ week on rolling rota, full flexibility required during day and night 7 days a week
To be considered for the Support Worker post click “Apply” to send your CV.