- £15000 - £18000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Community Services
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to help support individuals with learning disabilities to live as independently as possible within a residential setting.
There are many duties involved in the role of Support Worker, including:
- Offer the highest levels of support to individuals at all times
- Promote the well-being and general health of individuals and help create surroundings in which the individual feels secure
- Contribute to the individual you work with and their general development. This will include the personal, social, occupational and leisure development
- Provide emotional and practical support for individuals for everyday issues, and when individuals are faced with difficult decisions or experiences
- Assist and/or support individuals with all aspects of their financial management as required, eg personal shopping, leisure interests, purchasing clothes, presents etc
- Support individuals to clean their home and other household tasks
- Prompt or assist individuals in aspects of personal care with sensitivity, respect and dignity, where necessary and as required by their condition, culture and wishes
- Undertake sleep-in duties or waking night duties on the premises, when required
The successful candidate will have a good work ethic, a passion for learning and development and a passion for promoting the choices and rights of others. You must have good communication skills and the ability to work on your own or as part of a team as well as the ability to support people in a respectful way in line with the values of the organisation.
Previous experience is not needed but preferable. Our client will provide full specialist training including a full induction and continuing attention to personal development but . Some weekend and evening work will be required.
A national organisation that supports people with learning disabilities.
This position will be suitable for: support worker, carer, community care, health care assistant, nursing assistant, domiciliary carer, community care.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us