- £7.22 - £8.91 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
My client has 1 x part time and 1 x full time Support Worker posts at a Residential Nursing home in Abingdon for young adults with Physical Disabilities. They are a large well established charity who are passionate about supporting individuals with disabilities. You’ll benefit from an excellent training programme, good rates of pay, enhanced rates for evenings and weekends and a benefits package that includes a pension scheme and discounted health cover.
The Role of a Support Worker
As a support worker you’ll enable people to live fulfilling lives based upon their personal support needs, making sure that they are as involved as possible in every moment of their lives and offering them the opportunities to make as many choices as possible to remain in control.
- Support Workers provide assistance with personal care and other daily tasks; including washing, dressing and mobility, thereby promoting their independence.
- You’ll support residents to access and take part in social activities and events both on site and in the community.
- You’ll work in partnership with the people who use our service encouraging choice, participation and motivation adhering at all times to the values of the organisation.
- We’re looking people who are flexible and are able to work over a shift pattern, including alternate weekends
- We have a full time and a part time position available
- You’ll be working 0730 to 1430 for early shifts and 1430 to 2130 for late shifts
Rates of Pay; £7.22 – £7.43 per hour during the day, £8.66 – £8.91 per hour for evenings and weekends
- Ideally you’ll have experience of working as a Support Worker or Care Assistant within the Social Care sector but this is not essential
- Experience of working with physically disabled people would be beneficial
- No formal qualifications required as full training will be provided.
- The successful candidate will be required to communicate with people at all levels including people with physical disabilities and sensory impairment.
- Good verbal communication skills are essential.
- My client is a large organisation that supports thousands of people with disabilities in the UK and in more than 50 other countries. They help people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and long-term health conditions, as well as their carers, friends and families and the needs and aspirations of disabled people are at the heart of everything that they do.
- For their employees they provide an excellent package, with full training, the opportunity to gain NVQ qualifications, competitive rates, petrol allowance, and enhanced hourly rates for working during the evening/weekends.
To be considered for the Support Worker post click “Apply” to send your CV Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks
0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us