We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to join an organisation that supports adults with learning disabilities and associated mental health issues.
The role involves providing support to service users in a residential home and a day centre setting. The organisation supports service users to exercise choice and integrate into the community with an emphasis upon managing challenging behaviour, encouraging social inclusion, building relationships and developing everyday living skills.
There are many duties involved in the role of Support Worker including:
- Assisting the Registered Manager in supervision of staff as directed.
- Updating care plans and risk assessments.
- Identifying risk and bringing this to the attention of the team. Creating new risk assessments as necessary.
- Monitoring infection control within the home.
- Monitoring the wellbeing of the residents.
- Monitoring the medication procedure, ordering and accepting monthly medications.
- In the absence of the Registered Manager making sure that the home runs smoothly
The successful candidate will be an experienced support worker with experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and/or mental health issues. You will hold or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 and be willing to undertake further training and personal development.
An organisation that supports adults with learning disabilities in a residential home and day centre setting. They are a member of British Institute for Learning Disabilities (BILD)
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us