An exciting opportunity has arisen for a rapid response carer to join a leading provider of support for carers across the Cambridgeshire region. The role offers a competitive salary and on-going training and support for personal and career progression. The role also comes with an excellent benefits package including generous mileage allowance, pension, death in service, a bonus scheme based on hours worked and paid training. The organisation is second to none when it comes to looking after their staff. They are extremely caring and are pioneering in their approach to carers and the loved ones they care for.
The role is based in the community and you will be providing care and support to people of all ages in their own homes and within the community. The care can be either planned respite cover or emergency and short notice care. The main duties of the role include:
- To provide a responsive flexible service to a range of family carers requests.
- To be part of a rapid response team providing support to family carers at short notice in the event of staff illness or absence.
- To travel as required in order to deliver person centred support.
- To play a proactive role in signposting family carers and people with care needs to other relevant support services (both internal and external).
- To maintain regular contact with the Care Management team when on duty to ensure a prompt response and keep in touch with the progress of the support.
- To support the wider Care Team in carrying out staff workplace observations and ensuring medication MAR charts are in situ as required.
- To support in completing contingency risk assessments as required.
- To perform duties as specified by the Manager to support family carers according to their individual requirements.
The successful Support Worker must have the following skills and attributes:
- Kind, Caring, Understanding, Dependable.
- Able to adapt to emergency situations calmly and efficiently
- Diplomatic, Honest, Flexible.
- Driven to provide high quality support.
- A sense of humour.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- Driving licence and use of own car
A charitable organisation that provides care and support services to people of all ages with a range of disabilities and needs. They have an excellent reputation within the care sector and are renowned for appreciating and rewarding their staff.
Interested? Click on Apply and your application will be considered, or call Hayley Green on 0121 362 2314
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us