Support Worker posts available in Cambridge, on a full time contract, to work with adults with learning disabilities. We’re looking for people who are passionate about supporting people with learning and physical disabilities and delivering a high quality care service. On offer is an attractive salary package, excellent training and the opportunity to work for a charity that has an excellent reputation and ethos of care.
As a Support Worker you’ll be responsible for delivering a high quality care and support service to individuals with profound learning disabilities, (Cerebral palsy, Autism) and who may be in a wheel-chair. You’ll be working across a 2 services in Cambridge, supporting clients either in a small residential home or in individual flats.
Specifically you will..
- You’ll support the clients in their daily living tasks
- You’ll enable them to participate as full and active citizens in their local community, including access to education, employment or visits to shops, restaurants or pubs etc.
- You’ll enable the client to pursue hobbies and interests, which may include travel;/holidays
- You’ll safe-guard the health and well-being and safety and report any concerns immediately
- To maintain records for each individual, and assist with the creation and updating of care plans
- Work as a part of a team
Experience in a similar role would be ideal though not essential. We can consider applicants without a background in support work, though you will need to demonstrate a passion for helping and supporting people with disabilities.
You’ll need to be able to;
- move and handle people with physical disabilities
- work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- to record information within a professional context
- be a reliable member of the team
- to work a variety of shifts, including sleep-in’s and every other weekend
- willing to complete the level 2 in health and social care
Interested? Click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us