- £8.51 - £9.03 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We are currently looking to interview for Support Worker posts to be based in Supported Living Services in Abingdon. My client offers contracted hours for Support Worker’s and can offer either part time or full time. They are passionate about support individuals with Learning disabilities to live the life the way they chose. You’ll benefit from an excellent training programme, good rates of pay and a benefits package.
As a support worker / supported living worker you’ll enable people to live fulfilling lives based upon their personal support needs, making sure that they are as involved as possible in every moment of their lives and offering them the opportunities to make as many choices as possible to remain in control.
- You’ll be working in a specific supported living accommodation, supporting people with learning disabilities in line with their support plan, cultural needs and wishes. You’ll work over a rota basis and need to be able to do some sleep-ins
- Support people to manage their own home, maintaining their tenancies and giving advice and guidance when moving homes
- Support with personal care if required
- Encourage people to make choices and life decisions
- Assist and encourage people to engage in everyday home, social, leisure and work activities, according to the individual’s choice.
- Keep accurate and up to date records.
- Work positively with colleagues, families and external organisations and professionals.
- Look for opportunities to use Personalised Technology to increase people’s independence.
- Experience of Working as a Support Worker or similar in supported living is desirable, however not essential
- We are looking for people who have good communication skills, the ability to maintain accurate records and experience of managing personal or household finances
- You’ll display personal qualities such as patience sensitivity and trustworthiness and you’ll need a desire to support people with learning disabilities.
- You’ll need to flexible and willing to work over a shift basis, which will include some sleep-ins or waking nights
- My client have investors in people, and ensure that their staff have full training and development programmes in place. They can offer you the opportunity to undertake qualifications and progress your career within the company.
- They pay £8.51 a hour during the probationary period, after which it increases to £8.81 an hour or £9.03 if you are NVQ level 3 in care qualified
- They have an excellent benefits package which includes; pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers, GEM awards, employee assistance helpline, discount on new ford cars
Interested? To be considered for the Support Worker post, please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks
For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us