- £7.20 - £8.28 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
My client is looking to fill a number of Support Worker and Senior Support Worker positions for their Supported Living service in Exeter for adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities. They have part time or full time hours available on a contracted basis and pay rates will depend on experience and qualifications ranging from £7.20 – £8.28 per hour. Supporting adults with disabilities a rewarding career, for which full training is provided.
As a Support Worker your role is to support and empower people with learning disabilities to live the life they choose. You’ll be supporting clients living within supported living services, following their enabling plans which identify their choices in details, including health, activities, interests, finances and spiritual support asked for.
Specifically the role will involve…
- Assist each person to realise the needs and wishes expressed in their enabling plan, particularly relating to social and living skills, education, leisure and where requested spiritual support
- To support individuals with personal care with dignity and respect
- To assist in the safe preparation of food
- To encourage clients to carry out daily living tasks such as cleaning, cooking and laundry.
- To carry out key working responsibilities, by meeting with and reporting on the progress of clients on a regular basis, making recommendations to their enabling plans
- Ensure that all written records are well maintained, that support plans are kept up to date and that clients financial records are kept up to date.
In addition Senior Support Workers will also;
- Supervise staff on shift
- Conduct periodic supervisions with staff
- To represent clients in more complex circumstances, i.e. medical appointments or where there are multiple issues.
- To act as local on-call when the manager is not available.
- To be a Support Worker, no experience is necessary, you’ll need to demonstrate the ability to support people consistent with corporate values and follow professional practise.
- You’ll have a caring nature, be patient and will be able to communicate effectively. You’ll be able to use your initiative, making appropriate decisions in an emergency.
- You’ll need to be flexible and able to work a mixture of shifts, including days, evenings, week-ends and sleep-ins.
To be considered for the Senior Support Worker role, you’ll need;
- Several years’ experience in social care, and experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
- NVQ 3 / QCF 3 in care
- Ideally experience of supervising staff
Pay Rates are from £7.20- 7.33 for a Support Worker and £8.05-£8.28 per hour.
To be considered for either the Support Worker or Senior Support Worker role, please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks Recruitment.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us