- £7.72 - £7.72 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Support Worker roles available in Reading, full training provided. We’re looking to fill a number of Support Worker posts to work within a residential home or day centre that supports clients with learning disabilities. You’ll be supporting clients with learning disabilities with daily living tasks, including personal care, accessing the community and being involved in social and educational activities. They can offer you full time (40 hours) or part time hours on a contracted basis and pay rates are £7.72 per hour, plus £32 per sleep-in. Supporting adults with learning disabilities a rewarding career, for which full training is provided.
As a Support Worker your role is to support and empower people with learning disabilities to live the life they choose. You’ll be supporting clients in a care home, day centre or supported living services, following their enabling plans which identify their choices in details, including health, activities, interests and finances.
You’ll work over a shift pattern that will include days, evenings, weekends, sleep-in’s. and waking nights
Specifically the role will involve…
- Assist each person to realise the needs and wishes expressed in their enabling plan, particularly relating to social and living skills, education and leisure
- To support individuals with personal care with dignity and respect
- To assist in the safe preparation of food
- To encourage clients to carry out daily living tasks such as cleaning, cooking and laundry.
- To carry out key working responsibilities, by meeting with and reporting on the progress of clients on a regular basis, making recommendations to their enabling plans
- Ensure that all written records are well maintained, that support plans are kept up to date and that clients financial records are kept up to date
- To be a Support Worker, no experience is necessary, you’ll need to demonstrate the ability to support people consistent with corporate values and follow professional practise.
- You’ll have a caring nature, be patient and will be able to communicate effectively. You’ll be able to use your initiative, making appropriate decisions in an emergency.
- You’ll need to be flexible and able to work a mixture of shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, sleep-ins and waking nights
To be considered for the Support Worker role please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks Recruitment. For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us