- £7.50 - £9.50 per hour
- Job Type:
- South Brent
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Support Worker roles available in South Brent, South Devon
Rate of Pay; £6.75 – £7.50 per hour for day shifts (dependent on experience/qualification); £7.75 – £9.50 per hour waking nights; £23.93 Sleep – in.
Our client is a provider of support services for people with learning disabilities and is looking to recruit for a number of Support Worker roles in the rural village of South Brent. As a Support Worker you’ll be supporting and enabling 4 ladies with learning disabilities to live the lives they choose.
You’ll be working as part of a team and will be supporting clients with learning disabilities with daily living tasks and enabling them to access social and leisure activities.
You’ll ensure that all care and support delivered is centred on the individual and that all clients are treated with dignity and respect. You’ll work towards outcomes that have real meaning for the people you are supporting, ensuring they can live their life with opportunities and choice.
Specific tasks will include;
- Assisting the ladies with personal care and hygiene needs
- Supporting them in their homes including meal preparation and light domestic tasks
- Helping them to access local shops, community groups and social activities
- Promoting independence and citizenship
- Following a set plan of support and recording information in the support plan
- You’ll have a friendly and calm nature and have a passion for supporting others to achieve their outcomes
- You’ll have a mentality of ‘do with’ not ‘do for’, as you will be clear about promoting independence
- Experience in a Support Worker or Care Assistant role is preferred but not essential as all staff undertake a comprehensive training programme.
- You’ll need to be flexible and be able to work on a rota basis.
- A drivers licence would be an advantage but not essential
- You’ll need to be able to commute to the village of South Brent
The Hours / The Pay
A range of full time, part time, and casual posts are available over 7 days a week – Days, Nights and Sleep-in’s.
£6.75 – £9.50 per hour depending on experience/qualification and times of shifts worked.
Other vacancies are also available in Dawlish, Paignton, Plymouth and Cornwall – please apply
Interested? Click ‘Apply’ and your CV will be considered for the first round of interviews.
For more information please call Laura at Coburg Banks Recruitment 0121 362 2318