- £7.50 - £7.50 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Support Worker – Supported Living – Young People & Adults with Learning Disabilities We’re currently looking to recruit enthusiastic & motivated individuals for the role of Support Worker, working for a local organisation who provide bespoke care packages for adults’ with learning disabilities. As an employer they can offer you the security of contracted hours, competitive rate of pay, full training, support to acquire accredited qualifications & a chance to pursue a career in health & social care.
Chester Rate of Pay; £7.50 per hour & £25 per Sleep-in. Full Time or Part Time hours available on a contracted basis. Shifts will include Days, Evenings, Sleep-ins and some Waking Nights.
The Role As a Support Worker you’ll enable young people and adults with Learning Disabilities to live the life they chose and to maintain their independence. The company have a number of modern and personalised supported living houses, each accommodating up to 4 service users in their own rooms and being finished to a high standard. All are close to Chester City centre. A Support Worker‘s key responsibilities;
- To offer personal care and social care to service users with learning disabilities following their individual care plan.
- Act as key worker for a number of service users, participating in ongoing assessments and reviews
- To promote and assist with all aspects of independence within the home environment
- Support Service users to arrange and attend medical appointments, to maintain their links with their family and friends in the community
- Enable service users to access community facilities and attend social events
- Participate in the content and development of person centred care plans
The Ideal Support Worker
- Ideally we are looking for people who have previously worked as a Support Worker or Care Assistant for clients with a Learning Disability and who have a Diploma or NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care however, this is desirable, not essential.
- You’ll need good communication skills, including the ability to listen to, observe, understand and respond to the needs of service users.
- You’ll need to be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- You’ll need the ability to undertake all aspects of personal care.
- They are a dedicated team of care professionals who have a passionate commitment to providing the very best for their services users.
- They can offer you an excellent working environment, training opportunities and the support to progress your career within the organisation
Interested? Click ‘Apply’ or send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks Recruitment to be considered. 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us