- £10 - £12 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
We are currently seeking an experienced support worker to work 1:1 with a deaf 17 year old male.
You will work with the male as part of the team to deliver a high standard of support, meeting the individual needs of the young person both socially and emotionally.
• To Safeguard the young person and contribute to the provision of a safe, appropriate and stimulating environment for their care.
• To follow the company’s policies, protocols and procedures.
• To support the young person by showing an awareness of their individual interests and preferences by introducing them to a range of different experiences and enabling them to make informed choices wherever possible.
• To attend and actively participate in meetings when required. To be responsible for bringing relevant issues to the attention of your Manager and colleagues.
• To support the young person by helping to prepare support plans, risk assessments, file maintenance and other administrative tasks, ensuring all personal information is stored securely.
• To devise a 1:1 timetable with the young person for daily outings, activities or recreational pursuits when required in order to assist the person you support with all aspects of their daily life.
• Assist the individuals with household activities such as cooking, mealtimes, laundering and cleaning in order to promote a healthy environment for the young person you support and the promotion of independent living skills.
• Recording and completing any appropriate documentation in order to ensure that individuals’ records, observations are accurate and informative.
• Undertaking all training (including statutory) relevant to the needs of the service and the person you support and according to relevant legislation in order to professionally develop and gain skills beneficial to the individual.
• Working shifts or visits on a staffing rota including weekdays, weekends, split shifts, bank holidays as necessary.
• Covering special events such as providing support to individuals during their holidays.
* You may also be required to lone work and cover shifts working with the other Young People in the house.
• BSL (British Sign Language) NVQ Level 3 Qualification or above.
• Holds Level 2 Health and Social Care desirable.
• Valid UK driving license desirable
• Ability to work with staff at all levels
• Ability to work without supervision
• Shift working including weekday, weekends, evenings, bank holidays.
• Ability to complete records.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• An ability to work within a challenging and changing environment.
• Good listener
• Uses own initiative
• Motivated and committed
• Committed to providing a high service.
• Committed to companies policies and procedures
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and two references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer. The successful applicant MUST have a BSL Qualification at high level to enable excellent communication with the young person.
WORKING WEEK: Rota basis to including weekdays, weekends, split shifts, evenings, bank holidays as required.
To send a copy of your CV, please click the apply button
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us