- £8.00 - £8.10 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Support Worker posts available in Chesham, Buckinghamshire on a full time/part time permanent contract, to work with adults with learning and physical disabilities. We’re looking for people who are passionate about supporting people with learning and physical disabilities and delivering a high quality care service. On offer is an attractive salary package, excellent training and the opportunity to work for a charity that has an excellent reputation and ethos of care.
Some experience of working with adults with learning or physical disabilities, however full training will be provided by the company, so if you are seeking a long term, rewarding career in care – we want to hear from you.
As a Support Worker you’ll be responsible for delivering a high quality care and support service to individuals with profound learning and physical disabilities. You’ll be working at a service based in the Chesham area.
Specifically you will..
- Support the clients in their daily living tasks
- Enable them to participate as full and active citizens in their local community, including access to education, employment or visits to shops, restaurants or pubs etc.
- Enable the client to pursue hobbies and interests, which may include travel;/holidays
- Safe-guard the health and well-being and safety and report any concerns immediately
- Maintain records for each individual, and assist with the creation and updating of care plans
- Work as a part of a team
Experience in a similar role would be ideal though not essential. We can consider applicants without a background in support work, though you will need to demonstrate a passion for helping and supporting people with disabilities.
You’ll need to be able to;
- Move and handle people with physical disabilities
- Work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- To record information within a professional context
- Be a reliable member of the team
- To work a variety of shifts, including earlies and night shifts on a 5 out of 7 day basis
- Willing to complete the level 2 in health and social care
Interested? Click apply to send your CV to Stacey Yates at Coburg Banks.
We are committed to equal opportunities and particularly welcome applications from disabled people. Successful applicants will be subject to Enhanced DBS check for regulated activity.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us