- £17000 - £18000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Team Leader to join a learning disabilities team in Gloucester. The role is with an organisation that provides various services for adults with learning disabilities and autism. The position comes with a very competitive salary and a range of excellent benefits as well as training and ongoing career development.
Working as part of a team the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the care and support staff in a residential home for adults with learning disabilities, autism and behaviours that challenge. As part of your role you will assist the Registered Manager with the day to day running of the home, ensuring that the service users lead a fulfilling and satisfying life.
Other duties for the role include:
- Supervise the day-to-day delivery of care, to ensure that service users needs are met and that they participate appropriately in daily household and leisure activities.
- To be responsible for the care, welfare and safety of service users and the health and safety of staff
- Take on the role of case coordinator for individual service users and to participate in the reviewing, reassessing and changing of person centred support plans to ensure they are up-to-date and in line with the individuals needs.
- Recruitment and selection of staff within an equal opportunities framework.
- To undertake monthly supervisions with staff as delegated and participate in the staff appraisal programme for staff
- To act as a staff skills coach and undertake appropriate team building and training programmes, designed to meet an individuals needs or the Company’s staff development program.
- Ensure that the requirements of legislation, Care Standards and the Company’s Policies and Procedures are followed.
You will have experience of leading a care team at senior carer level or above. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and you must be flexible with working hours as the shift patterns are earlies and lates. You will ideally have QCF Diploma Level 3 Health and Social Care or equivalent or be willing to work towards. You must hold a driving licence for the role and ideally be a car owner. The role comes with a range of benefits and ongoing training and development opportunities.
A national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us