- £25000 - £28000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Team leader or Deputy Manager to take up a position within a service for a service for adults with Learning Disabilities in Shrewsbury. As the Team Leader you’ll be responsible for the delivery of ‘hands on’ person centred support within the service, supporting the Registered Manager and deputising in their absence. On offer is an attractive salary and pension as well as the opportunity to work for a charitable organisation who have a strong desire to support and empower those with learning disabilities.
As the Team Leader you’ll be;
- Working within a 10 bed home, you’ll be reporting directly into the registered manager and be responsible for delivery of a high quality, person centred care service, you’ll be responsible for the day to day supervision and management of the care team.
- You’ll lead shifts within the home supervising and leading front line staff as well as having dedicated office time for paperwork (time is split 50/50)
- You’ll work with the registered Manager to implement a quality framework, ensuring that it is a first point reference for care and support activities.
- You’ll help to improve the lives of the people you support through the care and support plans that ou devise, review and ensure are implemented well.
- You’ll help to ensure that client’s religious/spiritual needs are met where requested.
- You’ll prepare rota’s, ensuring that full cover is provided and that yo are meeting the requirements of each specific client
- Conduct regular supervision and appraisals with staff, keeping the Manager informed and arranging further training
- Contribute to planning and preparation for inspection by CQC and local authorities
We’re looking for somebody with;
- Previous hands on experience of working to improve the lives of people with learning disabilities in a person centred way, e.g. implementing personal care plans, managing personal money, organising outings, attending to individual personal needs;
- Experience of managing a team of staff in a care environment e.g. directing daily tasks, conducting supervisions, appraisals, arranging shifts;
- Experience of working in a role such as Team Leader, Care Manager, Deputy Manager
- Previous experience of working to CQC guidelines and some knowledge of current legislation around Social Care
- NVQ level 3 Care is essential, it is desirable that candidates have the NVQ 4/QCF5 in Care Management
- The ability to represent the organisation professionally at local level, e.g. with commissioners, visitors etc;
- A full driving licence
- The ability to work over a shift rota, including weekends and occasional sleep-in’s
- A profound respect for the expressed choice of each client.
Interested? To be considered for the Team Leader position, please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks for consideration. For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.