Are you a Team Leader / Team Manager / Service Manager who loves supporting people with mental health needs or learning disabilities to live an independent and fulfilling life? We’re looking for somebody to take up a Team Manager post managing a small supported living service in Newtown, Wales. You’ll be working for an organisation who have quality at their core. They deliver exceptional care and support tailored to people’s needs.
The Team Manager role
As a Team Manager you’ll be responsible for the day to day management of a couple of services in Newton, supporting individuals with mental health needs. You’ll manage a team of staff and ensure that they are delivering high quality care and support to people who use the service.
- Ensure that new team members are recruited, oversee the mentoring system so that people are inducted effectively
- Work with the training department to make sure that staff receive the correct training
- Ensure staff meetings are conducted in a professional and constructive manner and points addressed
- Provide or source hands-on clinical guidance, support and leadership in relation to best practice when supporting people who challenge
- Conduct regular structured supervision to the staff team in line with Company policy and procedure
- Proactively assist in seeking out new opportunities for growth and development of the service whilst protecting and safeguarding the Company’s values and culture.
- Understand and promote a person centred and needs led approach in order to deliver a quality service which fully complies with the Eden philosophy, values, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and the wider circle of support in order to promote joint working and provide a better-quality service to the service users.
- Ensure service users receive their commissioned hours and manage the delivery of those hours in line with service users needs and preferences
- Ensure properties are fully staffed by arranging for shifts to be covered when colleagues are absent
- Ensure service user reviews are held in a professional manner and organise venue and attendance if required
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are in place and implemented to safeguard the wellbeing of the service users. Work in conjunction with the wider team and the multi-disciplinary team for those of a more complex nature
The Successful Candidate
- You’ll be an experience supervisor or manager of staff teams within a social care environment. You may have worked as a Team Manager, Team Leader, Supervisor, Service manager or similar.
- You’ll demonstrate a passion for supporting people with mental health needs or learning disabilities.
- You’ll be qualified to NVQ level 3 in care, NVQ 4 is desirable or a willingness to work towards
Interested? To be considered for the Team Leader position please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment. For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.