Technical Manager-Food Suppliers/Manufacturing
Up to £40k per annum plus Extensive Benefits
An exciting opportunity has opened for an Experience Technical Manager to join a well-established food manufacturer based in Lancashire.
As the Technical Manager you will ensure that all product meet required standards for product safety, quality and legality.
• Ensure that quality systems & policies throughout the site meet the requirements of the BRC global food standard.
• Drive improvements in site standards and product quality whilst reducing consumer complaints
• Implement and maintain HACCP systems for all processes so as to assure product safety, quality and legality
• Control documents for the quality management system
• Promote a quality culture within the site by delivering training aimed at improving people’s awareness of quality systems and quality standards
• Train and develop the technical team so that they continue to drive site improvements and meet business needs
• Manage the supplier approval process and work with suppliers to reduce raw material and packaging non-conformance’s
• Manage consumer complaints ensuring they are investigated and responded to in a timely manner.
• Strong track record within technical / quality management in food manufacturing.
• Excellent working knowledge of HACCP, GMP, food safety and quality standards and legislation etc.
• Educated to a degree level within food science or equivalent.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of BRC global food standard.
• Experience of working with Major Multiples advantageous.
Our client supply a large and diverse range of ingredients to the food manufacturing industry including spices ground & whole, mixed seasonings, herbs, flakes & seeds, Mexican specialties, dried fruits, nuts & lentils and dehydrated vegetables.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as a Quality Manager or Technical Manager.
It is likely candidates will be commutable to Stockport, Oldham, Rochdale and Manchester.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.