- £20000 - £25000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Technical Support Engineer – Manufacturing
£20k-25k per annum + Extensive Benefits
Our client is an established building materials manufacturer and are currently looking for a Design Engineer to work from their Sittingbourne office.
• As a Technical Support Engineer you will support internal and external customers in relation to the company’s exterior wall systems.
• You will support and participate actively in the development of new external wall products and systems and find new markets.
• Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, this role requires daily interaction via telephone/emails with both internal and external customers working closely with the company’s Facades Sales/Technical Team.
• To provide phone based technical support to internal and external customers in relation to plasterboard and plaster systems, non.-wallboard product ranges and Exterior Wall Systems.
• Respond to requests from other departments for input onto projects requiring technical information such as R&D or Marketing for literature production.
• Ideally B (ENG) educated in a building or engineering related field.
• Computer literate with working knowledge of CAD preferably AutoCAD, Microsoft ‘Word’, ‘PowerPoint’ and ‘Excel’.
• Ability to carry out structural engineering queries using calculation and design.
• Knowledge of plasterboard systems installation and plaster systems advantageous.
Our client manufactures and supplies plasterboard, wallboards, lining boards, gypsum board, and dry lining systems for the UK construction industry.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as an experienced Design Engineer, CAD Technician, CAD Engineer, Draughtsperson, Detailer or Project Design Engineer.
It is likely candidates will be commutable from Sittingbourne, Faversham, Canterbury, Gillingham and Maidstone.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.