Job Title: Trainee Commercial Insurance Underwriter
Salary: £19,000 to £22,000 plus Benefits
Widely seen as the most challenging of the insurance industry’s disciplines, underwriting requires a high level of attention to detail and an ability to work with complex and high profile cases to tight deadlines. This challenge will be suitable for a highly driven individual interested in establishing a solid career in underwriting.
You will be responsible for both the underwriting and broking of new and existing commercial insurance policies. You will also have the authority to negotiate and make day to day decisions and recommendations. A high degree of client focused professionalism will be required.
This opportunity will suit either an ambitious new arrival to the underwriting world or a junior broker who is keen, and feels confident, to move into the underwriting arena.
- At least 18 months insurance industry experience as a broker (or 1 year as a junior or apprentice underwriter)
- High level of attention to detail
- Total commitment to a career in underwriting
- CII certification or a desire to commence this within the first 12 months
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Reliable with a proven attendance record
The company can offer a flexible benefits package to the right individual.
This role requires you to have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us